AMP(Accelerated Mobile Pages)is an open-source project that instantly loads mobile publishers’ mobile-optimized content on all devices.
The new framework is designed to be available to create lightning-fast mobile web pages. AMP improves user experience with faster pages and reduces the terrible ‘buffer face’.
For business-accelerated mobile pages, help effective advertising monetization while keeping customers happy and engaged. Supports a comprehensive range of advertising formats, advertising networks, and technologies.
Accelerated mobile pages (AMP) essentially remove HTML copies of current webpage content that provide faster load times than standard HTML5 documents.
Websites can serve AMP pages by implementing the rel = ampHTMLtag in their HTML. Pages with AMP code have a three-step AMP configuration.
- HTML: Removed and unique markup of traditional HTML code with unique tags.
- JS: Used to obtain resources and has been removed to eliminate unnecessary rendering.
- CDN: An optimized network for caching pages and making them immediately compliant with AMP code.
With AMP, Google’s goal is to provide the best mobile experience possible for its users.
Google wants to get information to the end-user as soon as possible
Rudy Golfi, Google’s AMP product manager, says the average load time for AMP-coded content is 0.7 seconds and for non – AMP pages, 22 seconds.
AMP-based web pages were added officially to its mobile search results on February 23 2016 by Google. They have the AMP symbol that looks like lightning, as well as the acronym “AMP”.
Impact on Business
These are the early days for AMP, but adding fast mobile pages is a positive step if your target audience is large mobile users.
It has been said that AMP ‘does not affect rankings’, but this may change, especially in mobile search. Google reiterates that load time and page speed are very important ranking factors.
AMP also reduces the need for additional CSS requests and eliminates some on-page eliminates, including macros, in many cases CTAs, and more backend code.
Enabling AMP caching speeds up webpage load time per second with total load speed.
Google affects this functionality by preloading AMP documents using a single frame in the background of a search results page so that pages load instantly.
The AMP library contains a document containing AMP HTML and AMP JS. Unfortunately, retrieving these documents does not always provide instant speed.
Advantages and disadvantages of AMP
- Rendering page layouts are not blocked by extensions or embeds.
- Lazy loading sources are prefetched.
- Runs only GPU accelerated CSS animations
- Good flow of critical complex rendering path.
- A Smart priority of resources (important resources are pre-downloaded).
- If you do not use Iframes you will not be able to run the forms and even then they should be less than folding. “
- A brand may not allow branded design the way you do or give you all the functionality you used on your pages
- When readers share links to AMP content clicked by Google search, the links point to Google.com URLs rather than content developers’ sites
- The poses a potential challenge to analytics, as it is impossible to be 100 percent sure where the publisher’s content is loading from, as well as issues with visitor recognition due to strict cookie restrictions
- Depending on the configuration selected, the server admin may need to set up additional subdomains or install secure credentials. There will be some coordination with any CDN vendor.
- Most of the work can be handled by developers from there, but there will definitely be some part of the technical work. “
- Tracking data from AMP pages via analytics, ads, or double-click is still very limited, but analytics for this is on the rise. AMP prioritizes HTML capability.
- Only one ad tag per page is allowed by AMP Page.
Accelerated Mobile Pages for SEO
AMP is not a direct search engine ranking factor, and sites that receive AMP do not receive a huge boost in search rankings.
However, “Speed Matters” in the search engine rankings. Those with speed are preferred because consumers are forced. “
AMP is now an important tool and goes a long way in ensuring good rankings and search on the web.
Slow-loading web content always affects their rankings.
So all efforts to improve SEO goes in vain without enabling AMP.
As SEO continues to move away from computer towers and to mobile screens and other devices, the adoption rate of AMP
Other similar technologies will increase significantly while making this transition easier for us
Accelerated Mobile Pages for Adsense
AMP is really a good option to make our audience feel much better and faster in terms of page load and also user experience.
There are limitations with respect to ad placements in the AMP enabled pages, which will lower the CPC and hence it is advisable to disable AMP for time being.
Here is a short video on how to safely disable AMP on your website.