Do you know if Instagram deletes inactive accounts? I was wondering this the other day because I hadn’t used my account in a while and was curious if it would still be there when I logged back in.
Turns out, the answer is yes – Instagram will delete your account if you’re inactive for a certain period of time.
So, if you’re not using your account and don’t want it to be deleted, make sure to log in every so often! Otherwise, you’ll lose all your hard work! 🙂
How does Instagram know that your account is inactive?
It’s important to know that there are a few rules you need to follow when using Instagram. For example, if your account gets deleted for violating the terms of service and agreements with Instagram then they will take away all posts made by that time as well!
Instagram deletes inactive accounts if you violate any one of these regulations and that can result in deletion so it is crucial not only read through them beforehand but also actively stay informed about what content isn’t appropriate etcetera-no nudity or sexually suggestive material.
- If your account has not been active in the last 6 months, Instagram will send you an email
- The email will ask for confirmation that you want to deactivate your account
- You can also check if your account is inactive by visiting “Settings” on the app and scrolling down until you see “Account Status”
- If your status is inactive, there are two options – either reactivate or delete your account
- If the account holder doesn’t respond, they will remove the account from their system and it can’t be reinstated
- The person who owns that inactive account could contact them via email or phone call to reactivate it.
How Does Instagram Flag Accounts as Inactive?
- The Instagram app has a feature that automatically flags accounts as inactive if they haven’t been active for a set amount of time
- Inactive accounts are flagged to be deleted from the system, but this can take up to three months
- If you have an inactive account and want it to stay on Instagram, make sure to log in at least once every six months
- To check how long it will be before your account is flagged as inactive, go into your profile settings and scroll down until you see “Inactive Account”
- You’ll need to enter your password before being able to view the information about when your account will be marked as inactive
- Once you’re logged in again, tap “Inactive Account” under Settings and then tap “View Details”
When Will Instagram Delete Inactive Accounts?
Instagram has been growing in popularity over the past few years. With that, there are more and more inactive accounts. So, when will Instagram delete inactive accounts? And how can you tell if your account is inactive? Keep reading to find out!
You still need to log in and use Instagram, even if you’ve been away for a while. The company says that as long we are active on the app once every few months or years—even if it just takes ten minutes of browsing per day–then our account won’t get deleted!
It’s a tough decision whether or not to keep up with your account, especially if it has been inactive for quite some time.
Instagram doesn’t offer any clear guidelines on how long an account should stay logged out before getting deleted so you may want to check their website and see what they say about that issue.
How to Avoid Getting Your Account Deleted?
If you’re like me, then there’s a pretty good chance that your Instagram account is the only thing on your phone. And if you’re anything like me, then chances are it’s filled with pictures of you and all of your friends doing absolutely nothing.
What I’m trying to say is this: You need to keep up with Instagram’s Terms of Service or risk having your account deleted.
It can be hard to know when photos violate these terms– after all, they’re fairly vague in what constitutes bad behavior- but luckily for us (and our accounts), we’ve got some quick tips on how to avoid getting banned from IG!
- Be thoughtful about the content you post to avoid upsetting other users
- If you are posting something that may be offensive, make sure it is clear in the title of your post
- Respond to comments and messages quickly so people know they can reach out to you if they need help or want clarification on something
- Keep your account updated with current information like a recent photo or job change
- Don’t use an old picture as your profile pic – it’s best not to have any pictures at all than one that doesn’t reflect who you are now
- Delete anything off of your timeline that makes you uncomfortable or could potentially hurt someone else’s feelings
As an Instagram user, I am always on the lookout for new hacks to make my account more appealing. One of these is deleting inactive accounts like Facebook or Twitter which could be causing me to lose followers and engagement with them on Instagram.
A lot of people are asking if this will actually work? My personal opinion would be that it won’t matter because you’re not really losing any real value by doing so since they can still find your profile on other social media sites like Google+ (I’m kidding about that).
If anything though, this might help clean up some clutter in your profiles. Now go try out all of those tips!